Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wedding Day 6/27/09

The day began in the business center of the hotel, posting my blog - and learning many secrets to making the most of our time here at the hotel (while I was typing and uploading pictures, my traveling companion Ann was busy making friends with other people there and getting valuable information).

The wedding was laid back and simply beautiful (seems inadequately common this word...but I can't seem to stop saying it since I arrived in Costa Rica...!) - the rain (normally every day this time of year between 3-5pm) held off, but the sun didn't beat down on us in our wedding finery, either. There was enough light, however, to be noticed and attract more than a few onlookers (including an iguana on the roof).

Unfortunately, in discovering - as I was walking away from the ceremony towards the after-wedding drinks on the pier - the trick of formatting my memory card to access it again...I erased the pictures I'd taken leading up to that moment (including one of the iguana). I'm sure I lost a few that no one else had taken. One or two that I thought were really quite nice... but the ones that I had left, of the pier and the sunset, well... I think they're enough to give an idea. And I'll let them speak for themselves in the meantime, until I can upload some that others have taken.

(There was an old couple on the pier when Michelle - the bride - was walking out, who said that they were celebrating their anniversary. They congratulated her, and exchanged kisses.)


The groom (Eric) with his father and two of his daughters.







(The obligatory glorious sunset... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment